Hart Farm is seeking an Assistant Manager for the 2020 growing season.
The Assistant Manager understands the ins-and-outs of the farm. He/She/They will work with the Manager to gain a full understanding of the daily, weekly and seasonal farming schedule. The Assistant Manager has a wholistic understanding of the farm and is responsible for daily chores, field preparation, cultivation, harvesting, washing and packing produce. This means that the Assistant Manager is comfortable communicating with the Farm Manager and does not have a problem delegating his/her/their own jobs. The Assistant Manager is expected to develop ownership of his/her/their work and will work solo at times and will manage other field crew at times. The Assistant Manager may have work at farmer’s markets or in produce delivery situations and is expected to represent the farm in a respectful, friendly and considerate manner.
This position is held from April-mid October, 4-5 days/week, 8am-5pm. The job offers $16-18/hr depending on prior experience. 5 unpaid days vacation.
This position offers all the veggies, fruit, flowers and eggs you might want.
There is an opportunity for free on farm (rustic) housing.
Assistant Manager responsibilities/duties
- Chicken care and egg processing
- Harvest planning, inventory and organization
- Produce packing and delivering
- Field preparation (by hand and with tractor)
- Greenhouse seeding and care
- Field seeding and transplanting
- Hoeing and hand weeding
- Farmers market vending
- At least 3 years experience on a vegetable production farm.
- Fast and hardworking
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Able to lift 50lbs
- At least 1 year’s experience operating tractors and small engines (weed whackers, roto-tillers, etc).
- Ability to communicate clearly and honestly.
- Ability to manage others in a productive and kind manner.
- A valid drivers license.
Preferred candidate is someone who:
- Has worked on diversified farms
- Has worked with flower production/flower design
- Has worked at farmers markets before
- Has experience with engine mechanics
- Has managed field crews before
If you are interested in applying to be the Assistant Manager at Hart Farm for the 2020 season please email us your resume and a letter of interest. We will interview all qualified applicants and will finalize the position by January.
Farm volunteers are welcome at Hart Farm anytime! We can always use more hands for the many jobs that continue through the growing season. If you are interested in volunteering on a regular basis we offer a work-trade program. For those available to volunteer their time of 1-4 hours a week, we will give $20-$30 worth of produce.
Send information to Conwayhartfarm@gmail.com.