Below are a few recipe ideas for items you may have received from us in your box share or at the farmers market. Enjoy!
Arugula and Fennel Salad with Lemon Vinegraite
- 5 ounces(about 5 packed cups) arugula, washed and dried
- 1small fennel bulb, shaved on a mandoline or thinly sliced.
- 2 tablespoonsextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoonlemon zest
- Juice of one lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoonsalt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pecorino, to serve
Combine the arugula and shaved fennel in a serving bowl. Combine the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and a few grinds of pepper in a jam jar or other small container with a lid. Shake the dressing until smooth and cream. Dip a leaf of arugula into the dressing and taste; adjust any of the dressing ingredients to taste. Pour half the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Add more dressing a little bit at a time until you have dressed the salad sufficiently to your liking.
Use a vegetable peeler to shave a few slices of pecorino over the top of the salad. Serve immediately.
Fresh Cabbage and Herb Slaw
1/4 cup fresh herbs of choice (parsley, cilantro, dill, basil, or a combination)
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
2. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Adjust seasoning to taste. It’s ok to make ahead of time, as the flavors develop as it sits. Toss again right before serving.
3. Serve: use as a side dish or in place of lettuce in a sandwich, wrap, or burger.
Black Currant Compote
- juice ½ lemmon
- 1lb blackcurrants
- 4 oz sugar
- Put 2 tbsp water and the lemon juice in a large saucepan, bring to the boil, then add the blackcurrants and simmer until broken down.
- Tip in the sugar and bring to 220 degrees on a temperature probe. Pour into jars and leave to cool. Will keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.