Below are a few recipe ideas for items you may have received from us at the farmers market or in your box share. Enjoy!
Garlicky Bok Choy
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oild
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 lb baby bok choy, rinsed, cun into quarters, with core intact
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallot and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add bok choy, soy sauce, and 2 Tbsp. water and cover immediately. Cook 1 minute. Uncover and toss, then cover and cook until bok choy is tender at the core, about 3 more minutes.
From Bon Appetit
Buttered Radishes With A Poached Egg
- 2 bunches (12 to 14) French Breakfast Radishes
- 2 tablespoons good unsalted butter
- 6 scallions, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 pieces of bread, toasted
- Prep the radishes by removing tops and roots. Slice in half lengthwise and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat butter over medium low heat. Add in scallions and let cook until beginning to soften, 2-3 minutes. Add the radishes, thyme, and salt to the scallions. Cover and let cook, stirring once or twice, until radishes are tender but still have a bit of crispness to them, 5-6 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- While radishes cook, poach eggs. I find I have the best luck with this technique. If you don’t like runny eggs, this would also be great with scrambled or hardboiled.
- To serve, place toast on two plates, divide radish mixture, and top each with a poached egg.
From Naturally Ella
A few other farm favorites:
Use our stir-fry greens in fried rice or a bowl of rice with kimchi and an egg.
Simple arugula salad. Arugula with grated parmesan and a dressing of olive oil, lemon and salt.
A pullet egg breakfast sandwich with Hart Farm salad greens on top.