Below are a few recipe ideas that include produce items that you might have received from us at the farmers market or through our box share program. Enjoy!
Garlic Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 (10 oz) containers cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft and very fragrant.
- Eat immediately standing over the sink with a kitchen fork…or on top of your favorite pasta, pizza, or even grilled chicken breasts!
From The Novice Chef Blog
Roasted Baby Beets
30 baby beets (each 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter; about five bunches), unpeeled, all but one inch of tops trimmed, rinsed
4 large fresh rosemary sprigs, plus additional sprigs for garnish
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup olive oil
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place beets in roasting pan. Add 4 rosemary sprigs and enough water to barely cover beets. Cover pan tightly with foil. Roast beets until tender, about 50 minutes. Transfer beets to work surface. Peel while still warm; place on rimmed baking sheet. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter with oil in small saucepan. Pour over beets on sheet; toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until heated through, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Transfer to bowl. Garnish with additional rosemary sprigs and serve. Can be used in a salad.
From Bon Appetit
Spicy Thai Basil Chicken (or other protein)
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or as needed
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced shallots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced Thai chilies, Serrano, or other hot pepper
- 1 cup very thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups white rice
- Whisk chicken broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a bowl until well blended.
- Heat large skillet over high heat. Drizzle in oil. Add chicken and stir fry until it loses its raw color, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in shallots, garlic, and sliced chilies. Continue cooking on high heat until some of the juices start to caramelize in the bottom of the pan, about 2 or 3 more minutes. Add about a tablespoon of the sauce mixture to the skillet; cook and stir until sauce begins to caramelize, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the rest of the sauce. Cook and stir until sauce has deglazed the bottom of the pan. Continue to cook until sauce glazes onto the meat, 1 or 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in basil. Cook and stir until basil is wilted, about 20 seconds. Serve with rice.