Below are a few recipe ideas that use seasonal vegetables that you might have received from us in the box share or at the farmers market. Enjoy!
Spinach and Red Onion Salad
- fresh spinach leaves
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place spinach in large bowl.
- Top with onions, cheese, and dressing.
- Add croutons.
- Toss and serve.
Alice Waters’ Spaghetti with Green Garlic Recipe
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 heads green garlic (or 4 cloves regular garlic), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- small pinch of red pepper flakes
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add the spaghetti. Cook until al dente, reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water before draining.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large (3-quart) saucepan over medium heat until shimming. Add the garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 cup of water. Cover and sweat, stirring occasionally, until soft, adding more water if necessary to keep the garlic from caramelizing too much.
Add the cooked pasta to the garlic mixture and toss well to combine. Add some pasta cooking water if necessary to bring the dish to a creamy consistency. Serve with more olive oil and the minced tops of the green garlic, if desired.
½ cup fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems, divided
4 radishes, trimmed, chopped
2 spring onions or 4 scallions, white and pale-green parts only, thinly sliced
½ serrano chile or jalapeño, seeds removed if desired, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Chop half of cilantro and toss with radishes, onions, chile, lime juice, and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a medium bowl. Season radish salsa with salt and pepper.