Below are a few recipe ideas for this month’s New York City Box Share. We hope you enjoy!
Grilled Broccoli Raab
- 6 Tbs. olive oil; more for the grill
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed to a paste with the side of a knife
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and minced (3 Tbs.)
- 2 Tbs. fish sauce
- Kosher salt
- 1 medium red onion, trimmed, peeled, and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds, kept intact
- 1 lb. broccoli raab, tough bottom stalks trimmed
- Lemon wedges, for serving
In a small bowl, combine 3 Tbs. of the oil, the garlic, jalapeño, and fish sauce. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes to meld the flavors. Season to taste with salt.
Meanwhile, heat a charcoal or gas grill to medium (350°F to 375°F).
Clean and oil the grill. Brush the onion rounds with 1 Tbs. of the oil. Grill the onion, turning occasionally, until charred and slightly softened, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board, tent with foil, and set aside.
In a large bowl, toss the broccoli raab with the remaining 2 Tbs. oil. Grill the broccoli raab, turning occasionally, about 4 minutes. Transfer to the cutting board with the onion and let rest for about 5 minutes.
Cut the broccoli raab into 4-inch pieces and coarsely chop the onion. Transfer back to the bowl and toss with enough dressing to coat. Arrange on a platter and serve with lemon wedges and the remaining dressing on the side.
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 table spoons olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Bunch of turnips
- 1/4 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- Kosher salt
Place turnips in a large skillet; add water to cover turnips halfway. Add butter, sugar and a large pinch of salt; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is syrupy and turnips are tender, about 15 minutes. If turnips are tender before liquid has reduced, used a slotted spoon to transfer turnips to a plate and reduce liquid until syrupy. Return turnips to pan and stir to coat well.
You can add turnip greens to the skillet. Cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally until just wilted, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt.
Thai Basil Chicken
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced (keep seeds for extra hot)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or canola oil
- 3 cups fresh Thai or regular basil leaves
- cooked jasmine rice, optional for serving